The basic things you need to know about a glassblowing experience or workshop at our studio:
- Available dates and times: GlassBlowing experiences and workshops are on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am – 5 pm.
- Online Booking System: The studio uses an online booking system that you can access 24/7. You can pick your experience or workshop by the forms offered and the number of people who will be coming. Reservations are typically for 1-4 people. When making a reservation, you can select one experience or workshop at a time and then continue shopping. If you have an odd number of people or multiples that don’t fit our offerings, give us a call, and we will assist in your reservation making.
- 72-hour cancellation policy: Bookings are online, and it is challenging to resell a time slot in less than 72 hours. So to reschedule your workshop or experience, we require a 72-hour notice. Thanks.
- Age limits: Because of a variety of factors, the minimum age for experiences and workshops is eight years old. No exceptions. For learning to blow classes, the minimum age is 14 years old.
- Safety Waivers: Your safety and ours are vital to us. Everyone who makes glass with us must read & sign our online safety waiver. There are guidelines provided for appropriate apparel in the studio. If a participant is under the age of 18, the waiver should have their name but be read and signed by their parent or legal guardian. Other than the minimum age, we try to accommodate everyone.
- Your Participation: Each person will select their form and colors (from the options their reservation is for), help apply the color, help blow & shape the piece. They may also get to participate in heating the object in the reheat furnace and other actions as time allows.
- Picking up your piece: In the glassblowing experiences and workshops, you are paying for the experience. However, we also provide the piece that you worked on to you. Glass must anneal, so your piece will be available the next day. The studio is typically opened Wed-Sunday 10 am – 5 pm, so please pick up during those time frames. We have limited storage, so please pick your piece(s) up as soon as possible but no later than 30 days from your event. After 30 days at the studio, if we have not heard from you, we reserve the right to dispose of your piece. We can ship your glass (at your expense). This requires your credit card info and shipping address. The packing charge is $12/box, and shipping is via ground UPS at their rates (box size, weight, and zip code).
- Tips are appreciated: Our glassblowing team works hard to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. We love to share our enthusiasm for glass, the process of glass making, and whatever other tidbits. If you had a good time, please show them.
Larger group events are also available.
Making glass is a blast! Come experience the magic of glass with us!
Enriching lives through artistic self-expression.