We rent time on our small glory hole to experienced glassblowers to make their art. If it is your first time at our studio before you rent we require a competency check. In this free 30 minute session you will be asked to make something. Anyone used as an assistant must pass this check also. Everyone who makes glass in the studio must read and sign our online safety waiver.
- Our rental preference is 2-hour increments unless using our lunchtime (12-1) or extending evening hours (post 5 pm on a working Wednesday/Thursday)
- Glory Hole Rental includes the use of one bench, tools, torches, and 1/4 of the front load annealer per 2-hour session. Please start your annealer load at the very back of the available space and load pieces as close together as possible. Glass is included. If you become a heavy user of glass, we will start making an additional glass charge.
- Glassmakers/renters must supply their color, safety apparel, blow hoses. Feel free to bring your tools (please make sure they are labeled, so there is no confusion).
- $50/hour for hot shop time for the small glory hole, studio time with an assistant is $75/hour (maximum two glassmakers), studio time with instruction is $100/hr (maximum two glassmakers)
- If you have not worked in our cold shop previously, or used a particular piece of equipment, a short tutorial will be needed for us to review our studio protocol before you work.
- $30/hour for cold working time (no increments), $45/hour with an assistant until deemed ready to work alone.
Available Rental Hours
- Wednesday – Sunday 10 am – 5 pm
- Wednesday / Thursday 5 pm – 9:30 pm (when classes are in session)
- No studio assistants/instructors available during lunch hour (12-1pm) or evening rentals
Rental time can be scheduled on a regular basis. However, we reserve the right to change your schedule should we have to reserve the time for a group event. We will notify you as early as possible when this happens.
We have limited storage for finished pieces. Please pick them up as soon as possible after rental. We will dispose of pieces left for more than a month.
For Rental time please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line Glory Hole Rental or Cold Shop Rental. If you prefer you can text or call Jacqui @ 832-588-1024. Please provide at least a 2 hour notice for Glory Hole Rental so that we can be sure the hole is hot.
Looking for a glassblowing partner? Leave a comment with your contact info and perhaps someone will reply! We love having you in the studio and look forward to seeing you there again soon. Happy glassblowing!
Enriching lives through artistic self-expression.